Ms. Lura K. HughesPreK-6 PrincipalPhone: 315-562-8130 email: email@example.com
Welcome! We look forward to a positive, productive partnership with you, ensuring our children are able to reach their fullest potential. With a strong partnership, we can make a difference. We value your involvement and support in your child’s education and ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience,
- completes all homework assignments given by teachers to the best of his/her ability,
- reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills,
- shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life,
- informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject, and
- knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school.
Enclosed in the student handbook are guidelines that have been developed with the students’ best interest in mind. Please take the time to review the handbook for standard procedures and expectations in our elementary school. Upon review of the student handbook, if there are questions about what you have read, feel free to contact your child’s classroom teacher or the appropriate office for clarification.
All students have access to 1:1 devices (Chromebooks) in elementary classrooms and the use of these devices has become an essential learning tool. To help ensure that your child can explore resources responsibly, please review with your child(ren) the Technology Guidelines for Acceptable Student Use found in the student handbook and discuss with them the appropriate use of school devices.
Finally, please consider joining our Parents’ Association, which meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Library. Our students could greatly benefit from your involvement.
I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. Here’s to an incredible year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!Sincerely,Ms. Lura K. Hughes