Ms. Lura K. HughesPreK-6 PrincipalPhone: 315-562-8130 email: email@example.com
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! We look forward to a positive, productive partnership with you, ensuring our children are able to reach their fullest potential. With a strong partnership, we can make a difference, sharing responsibility for our children’s success. We want, need, and value your involvement and support in your child’s education. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience,
- completes all homework assignments given by teachers to the best of his/her ability,
- reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills,
- shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life,
- informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject, and
- knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school.
Enclosed in the student handbook coming home with your child September 6th, are guidelines that we, as a school, have developed with the students’ best interest in mind. Please take time to review the handbook for common procedures and expectations in our elementary school. The Parent-Student-School Compact in particular helps to define the roles of each of the key players in your child’s education. I ask that you pay close attention to this compact and please read and discuss it with your child. After reading, please return a signed copy of this compact to your child’s classroom teacher to indicate your support of your child’s education. Upon review of the student handbook, if there are questions about what you have read, feel free to contact either myself or your child’s classroom teacher for clarification.
Finally, please consider joining our Parents’ Association, which meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Quarry. Our students can greatly benefit from your involvement..
The wonderful Edwards-Knox staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. Here’s to an AWESOME school year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!Sincerely,Lura K. Hughes