EKCS Physical Education
Due to the current situation, the following are the requirements for the first 10 WEEKS of school: Guidelines and regulation may change at any time during the school year.
-Masks are required for indoor PE.
- Masks are not required for outdoor PE.
-Students must social distance 3 feet apart based on the physical activity they are participating in.
-Locker rooms are now open and ready to use. Social distancing and masks are required at all times in the locker room.
-Students are required to change as of now for PE.
- PE class will be going outside as often as possible.
-Students are responsible for coming to class prepared to go outside in different weather conditions. Please bring hoodies, jackets, hats, gloves, sweat pants.
2pts – On-time and prepared.
2pts – Actively engaged and participating.
1pt – Sportsmanship/respect, personal responsibility.
=5pts total for the day
- Students are required to change their clothes before and after class to receive full credit
- Each student is expected to bring a complete change of clothes for each class
- Must adhere to the school’s dress code
- T-Shirt/Sweatshirts only will be allowed
- Athletic pants/shorts and sweatpants will be allowed
- Footwear must be properly fastened, with appropriate support and traction
- While in the pool:
- Females must wear a one piece, tank style competitive swimsuit
- If a two piece is worn, students will be required to put an appropriate t-shirt on
- Males, are required to wear swimming trunks (no speedos)
- T-shirts will be allowed, but they must be snug and used for swimming (i.e. under-armor, body glove, and any other water shirt.)
- Assignments for other classes will not be worked on during class
- If a student is unprepared 6 times in one marking period, they will automatically fail the ten week marking period
- If a student receives and unprepared, they will not be allowed to make-up that class
- IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE CLASS, COME PREPARED!
- Students are expected to make-up all work missed from being legally absent
- Unexcused absences may NOT be made up
- Excused absences may be made up within one full 6 day cycle, or else the student will receive a zero.
- Three short term medical excuses from a parent, nurse, or doctor can be accept each quarter
- Short term medical excuses can be made-up as long as an assignment sheet has been completed
- If classes are not made up, the student will receive a zero for that class
- If a student is out for more than three classes, it is considered a long term excuse, and a doctor’s note is needed
- Students with long term medical notes will have the choice to make-up the classes or complete a project in-class
Procedures and Safety Rules
- No cell phones are to be used in the locker rooms
- Cell phones are only allowed in the gym when permission is granted
- Locker rooms will be locked during class
- Students will have 3 and a half minutes to change once the second bell have rang
- Students are not allowed in the storage rooms without permission
- No touching of equipment until instructed to
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed in the gym
- All jewelry must be removed
- Foul language is not permitted
- Aerosol hair sprays, deodorants, or glass containers are not allowed in or around the locker rooms and gymnasiums
- Any personal belongings that are lost or reported stolen are not the teacher’s responsibility
- Daily Grade
- On-time Prepared Actively Engaged
- Participation Sportsmanship/Respect Safety
- Assignments - On-line Quizzes
- Interim Tests - Final Exam
Grading Policy per Grade Level
- 6-8 (70% -Daily Grade, 30%-Assessment, homework, quiz)
- 9-10 (60% - Daily Grade, 30% - Assessment, quiz 10% Home Work)
- 11-12 (60% - Daily Grade, 30% - Assessment, quiz 10% Home Work)